The data controller (as defined under European Data Protection Legislation) for Samson Awnings is Nathan Dove
Information Commissioner’s Office).
We process your personal data on the basis that you have provided your consent for us to do so for the purposes set out below when you submitted your personal data to us. You may withdraw your consent to this processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. If you do withdraw your consent, we may still be able to process some of the data that you have provided to us on other grounds.
We have a philosophy here about the way we use your consent to be contacted by us (if you give us that consent). If you hear from us, we will always aim to be respectful, relevant and appropriate. If at any time you don’t feel we’ve lived up to our philosophy, please let us know straight away by getting in touch with us.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms (e.g. on our ‘Contact Us’ page), by contacting us or by submitting a job application on our Website. The information you give to us may include:
- Your name and title;
- Contact information, including telephone number and email address;
- Information such as postcodes, and your preferences and interests; and employment details, e.g. date of birth, employment history, qualifications
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our website.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Each time you visit our Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- web usage information (e.g. IP address), your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform; and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from Samson Awnings (including date and time); time on page, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve our website and deliver a better and more personalised service by enabling us to;
Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the website, or transmitted to other users of the website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Information we receive from other sources
We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate (including, for example, samsondoors.co.uk, thegaragedoorcentre.co.uk, dovegroup.co.uk, etc…) or the other services we provide.
How We Collect It
Directly from you when you provide it to us.
Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Recognise you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include;
Flash Cookies – Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our website. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Web Beacons – Pages of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single pixel gifs) that permit Samson Awnings, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics, for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Children Under the Age of 13.
Our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features/register on the website, make any purchases through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we will use your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To respond to any query that you may submit to us;
- To ensure that our Website’s content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To customise the Website according to your interests;
- To administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey responses;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;• As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To comply with the law;
- As we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests.
- For any other purpose with your consent
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
When we share your information with third parties they will process your information as either a data controller or as our data processor and this will depend on the purposes of our sharing your personal data. We will only share your personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation.
We may disclose your information to third parties when:
- You specifically request this, such as when you submit information to enquire about jobs or submit a job application through the Website;
- Other Samson Awnings companies products and services may interest you;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If the Website or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of the Website, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
The third parties include:
- Business partners, clients, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
We may share some broader statistics and customer profiling information with third parties and other Samson Awnings companies, but the data is anonymised, so you would not be identifiable from that data. We will not rent or sell our user’s details to any other organisation or individual.
Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
We do not control third parties’ collection of use of your information to serve interest based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the network advertising initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Storage of your personal data
We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. All personal information you register on this Website will be located behind a firewall. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data. So we cannot accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of the personal information which you have registered on the Website if there is a security breach.
We will keep your information stored on our systems for as long as it takes to provide the services to you. The third parties we engage to provide services on our behalf will keep your data stored on their systems for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you. We will not store your information for longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law.
Even if you have accepted the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes (by ticking the relevant box), you have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for such purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
European Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. You are entitled to be told by us whether we or someone else on our behalf is processing your personal information; what personal information we hold; details of the purposes for the processing of your personal information; and details of any third party with whom your personal information has been shared.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You are entitled to receive the personal data that you have provided to us by contacting us at email@example.com
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your device when you access a website. The text file is then sent back to our server each time your browser requests a page from the server. This enables us to operate the Website more effectively and load the Website in such a way as to reflect your personal preferences based on your previous browsing on the Website, as well as keywords we may be able to gather from URLs of webpages from which you accessed the Website.
What cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
Analytical and performance cookies.
We may use analytics service providers for website track analysis and reporting. Analytics service providers generate statistical and other information about the use of the Website by using cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how often visitors return to the Website, how long they stay and how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The information generated relating to the Website may be used to create reports about the use of the Website and the analytics service provider will also store this information.
Advertising and targeting cookies.
These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to other websites. We will use this information to try and make our Website and other websites that you visit more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with others, such as other Samson Awnings group companies and carefully selected third parties for this purpose.
We may use functional cookies that allow us to remember choices you have made in relation to the Website so as to provide a more personalised experience and enhanced user experience by delivering content specific to your interests.
Third party cookies
How do I turn cookies off?
If you would like to opt out of cookies, you change the settings on your internet browser to reject cookies. For more information please consult the “Help” section of your browser or visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you do set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Website.
Addressed to: Data Controller
Address: Samson Awnings, 6-8 Meadow Close, Finedon Road, Wellingborough, Northants, NN8 4BH
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01933 274 276